Best Reverse Osmosis System 2018
Water is a vital component of a human’s body. Without it, we can't possibly survive. Therefore, we need to have a regular intake of clean water. However, there are some areas in where access to potable water is quite impossible.
If you deem that you are living in these places, then you have to get the best reverse osmosis system.
There are various types of water filters that you can install on your home today. But as of now, the best choice you have are the reverse osmosis systems.
Many people are slowly switching to this water filter because of its efficiency in cleaning your drinking water thoroughly.
Of course, the demand for these filtration systems is steadily increasing. This is the reason why there is a ubiquitous sprout of various brands and manufacturers of this product.
Well, at some point, you can say that this growth is a good thing. After all, it would mean that your choices wouldn't be limited.
But at the same time, having too much choice can leave you confused. Several marketing pitches would convince you that their reverse osmosis system is the best.
However, we all know that any company can do this. Getting a bad product would give you a lot of headaches, considering that you spend a hefty amount of cash for it.
In this article, we will save you from such kind of trouble. We will present some of the top-rated reverse osmosis systems on the market today. Read on to discover them!
Best Reverse Osmosis Systems 2018
Best Reverse Osmosis System Buying Guide
Several indicators would tell if a reverse osmosis system is good for you or not. You have to pay attention to these details so that you can get the right filtration system for your home.
In the past, homeowners on using large water filters because they can exhibit powerful performance. But as technology improves all our home components today, the need for huge and bulky filtration system became less.
Most of the reverse osmosis systems today have a compact size. However, it doesn't mean that their quality has decreased.
In fact, you can guarantee that small water filters can deliver a satisfying performance. Manufacturers arranged the necessary components properly so that they can improve the overall quality of the water filter.
Moreover, a small reverse osmosis system is easier to setup and install compared to their larger counterparts. They save a lot of space, too!
The job of a reverse osmosis water filter is to clean your water. Specifically, it should be able to do a "deep cleaning." As much as possible, you have to choose a system that can kill 99% of water contaminants. Otherwise, your health will still be in jeopardy.
Taste of the Water
Of course, you should never neglect the taste of the water after the filtration. Some water filters can do a thorough cleaning but the water they processed have a strange taste.
A quality water filtration system should not do that. Instead, it should be able to produce drinking water that you can enjoy.
If the reverse osmosis system you bought has a bad taste or smell, then you have to replace it. Your body might be too sensitive to drink such kind of water.
Choosing the Best Reverse Osmosis System for Your Home
This part is pretty tricky, considering that there we are talking about your home here. In our end, we could recommend all the water filters that we featured on this list.
However, we know that not all of them are suitable or compatible with the setup of your home.
If that's the case, then how will you be able to get the right one for your abode? Here are some questions that could serve as a guide.
Where will you install the reverse osmosis system?
If you are planning to put the water filter inside a cabinet, then make sure that the latter can accommodate the entire system. Otherwise, you will be just wasting your money
Do you like the taste of your water?
Some of the reverse osmosis systems today comes with an extra stage to change the taste and odor of your water.
Do you know the pH level of your water?
It is also important that you have prior knowledge to your water's pH level. If necessary, you have to test it. Specifically, you don't want your family to drink water that is too acidic or basic. Moreover, you might need a reverse osmosis system that can put a balance to everything.
Water that has a pH level of 7 is tasty and healthy. It is one of the biggest reasons why many people are searching for a quality water filter.
Do you want extra accessories for your filter?
We highly recommend that you should choose a comprehensive water filtration system to ensure the cleanliness of your drinking water. Some of the accessories that you might need are the specialized filters and faucets.
Of course, every household has different preferences and requirements. A good water filter for a particular home might not work for another. After all, our water sources are different.
Therefore, it is only you that can judge which among these filters on our list can benefit you fully!
10 of the Best Reverse Osmosis Systems
If we are talking about quality, then the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection is second to none. This particular water filter is a complete system that can enhance the quality of your water.
Moreover, it comes with a specialized pump that increases its output up to 70 gallons per day.
At the same time, the pump also decreases the volume of water that you need to flush its membrane. As a result, the system can give you a guaranteed 1:1 ratio. Specifically, for every gallon of clean water, it only wastes 1 gallon of water, too.
- It has a UV light that prevents the growth of 99.9% of microorganisms
- Comes with remineralization filters (changes the taste of the water and balances its pH level)
- It has a large tubing (3/8 inch in diameter) for increased flow rate
- Filters are easy to install and remove
- Installation is quite easy
- It is quite expensive
- The faucet that comes with it is somehow flimsy (but it still works)
Another efficient reverse osmosis system from the Home Master it the TMULTRA. It can generate up to 50 gallons of clean water each day. However, the cleaning ratio of this device is not as good as its TMHP counterpart.
For every clean gallon it produces, it wastes four gallons of water. Fortunately, it comes with a pressurized inlet that somehow reduces the amount of waste water.
Optionally, you can install a permeate pump that will allow a 1:1 cleaning ratio. However, It might be an additional investment. But we can guarantee that it is worth it!
- Comes with UV light that kills 99.9% of bacteria and other organisms
- Can produce up to 75 gallons of clean water per day (if you have the permeate pump)
- All of the filters are in modular design
- Easy to install as long as you have decent DIY skills
- The membrane of this system lasts up to 5 years
- Requires a lot of waste water to wash its membrane
- You need the permeate pump so that you can boost its performance (but if your demands are not that high, the default setup is already sufficient)
One of the biggest selling points of the Home Master TMAFC Artesian is that can cure the bad taste of your water. As we mentioned, some filters produce ill-tasting water.
Of course, that is not enjoyable to drink. The TMAFC Artesian comes with a remineralization filter. The processed water pass through here twice before being released. As a result, you can always get a fresh and tasty water!
Just like the TMULTRA, the Artesian has a 4:1 cleaning ratio. You can upgrade to the system that comes with a permeate pump. But then again, you might find it expensive.
- Highly efficient remineralization filter
- You can install it without professional help
- It has seven stages of filtration system to remove all types of contaminant
- Filters last long and easy to change (once every year)
- It has a fast flow rate
- Too much waste water
- It doesn't have the parts that are necessary for basement installation
One of the most popular water filters today is the ROES 50. It can clean your water by passing it through three filtrations of stages before the actual reverse osmosis membrane.
It also comes with a specialized carbon filter that removes any after taste. Therefore, you can always guarantee that the water it processes is fresh and pure!
- It has a pre-pressurize tank to assist in the water flow of the faucet
- Made from high-quality materials
- The filters can function even in high demands
- Can remove any bad taste in the water
- Comes with all the installation tools and amenities
- It waste three gallons of water per one gallon of clean water
- The storage tank is only three gallons
One of the reverse osmosis systems that display high processing capacity is the iSpring RCC7 WQA. It can generate up to 75 gallons of pure and clean water every day! The filtered water is stored in a 3-gallon pressurized storage tank to preserve its quality.
When it comes to efficiency, the iSpring RCC7 WQA is truly impressive. Specifically, it only has 2:1 cleaning ratio, which is already close to the TMHP HydroPerfection!
- Can clean up to 99% of heavy metals, sediments, and chemicals
- It has a specialized stage that balances the pH value of water
- Filter cartridges are easy to remove and install
- It can filter up to 1000 type of pollutants including fluoride and chlorine
- It has a certification from the Water Quality Association
- You have to replace the filter cartridges for every 3 to 6 months
- The water tank is still small
If you are looking for a compact reverse osmosis system that could fit in any cabinet, then you have to choose the iSpring RCC7AK. Its primary water container has a height of inches only.
Meanwhile, the holding tank is just around 16 inches. It also comes with a specialized faucet that doesn't contain any lead!
This particular system comes with a 6-stage filtration system which removes all the pervasive water contaminants. Specifically, it can remove up to 99% of any microorganisms, chemicals, and other types of sediments.
- Highly effective and comprehensive water fiLter
- It has remineralization filters that restore the healthy minerals
- It can balance the water's pH level
- Easy to install
- Compact and rigid construction
- Water tank is not sufficient for households that have high demands
- It cannot produce 100% alkaline water at all times
APEC is a top producer of water filter systems. Of all their products, we can say that their Top Tier Ultra Safe. The entire system has been manufactured in the United States. Therefore, you can guarantee that all of its parts passed all the necessary quality standards.
With this reverse osmosis system, you can ensure that your water would be clean, tasty, and safe to drink. It can also remove all the chlorine chemicals, thanks to its carbon block filters.
- It can expel chromium, arsenic, and toxic fluoride efficiently
- High-quality design and construction (made in the United States)
- Comes with long lasting filters that make your water fresh and balanced
- Certified by the Water Quality Association
- Comes with a 6-stage filtration system
- Requires 5 gallons of disposed water for every gallon of clean water
- You would need a plumber to install this product
Another choice you have for a quality reverse osmosis system is this product from Global Water. It has an easy-to-install feature, thanks to its fittings.
Just like all the water filters here, it can kill 99% of water contaminants and microorganisms. Moreover, you can guarantee that its filters and faucet are lead-free!
- This water filter received a gold mark from the Water Quality Association
- It can filter out 1,000 types of pollutants
- Compact and sturdy design
- Comes with a 5-stage filtration system to enhance the water taste and pH level
- Complete all sets of filters (block carbon filter, inline filters, and a membrane)
- Its instruction manual is not clear
- It doesn't have a UV light filter
This particular filter has been loved by many because of its easy-to-install feature and compatibility to any kitchen cabinets. It can also produce clean water, thanks to its 5-stage filtration system. You also don't have to worry about chlorine, thanks to its GAC Activated Carbon Filters.
- Highly affordable reverse osmosis system
- Immune to leakages during operation
- Highly durable components
- Its storage tank is NSF-Certified and lead-free!
- Fast flow rate (0.8 gallons per minute)
- Requires high level of maintenance
- The tank squeaks when it is about to get empty (not a deal breaker, though)
If you a portable option, then you can try this reverse osmosis system. The APEC Portable Countertop is the ideal choice for households that doesn't have kitchen cabinets and sinks.
You can attach it on any of your faucets without any form of installation! Despite its lightweight and compact appearance, it can still make your water clean and fresh!
- No installation required
- It has a 4-stage filtration system, which is very surprising
- It can work perfectly even under 40 to 80 PSI of water pressure
- Ideal for apartments and condominiums
- High capacity filters
- The outflow of water is quite slow
- Its carbon filters cannot remove VOCs
The access to clean water is a right of everyone. However, there are some conditions that we cannot control. Therefore, it is our responsibility to solve this problem. Having a working reverse osmosis system can address the issues of contaminated water in your household. Just invest in a quality unit, and you will never drink dirty water again!
Among all products we featured here, we deem that the Spring RCC7 WQA is the best reverse osmosis system. It can filter your water at a fast rate, with the guarantee that it would be tasty and pure! Moreover, it has sturdy built that can last for several years!
However, you still need to assess which of these filters will work for your household. As we mentioned earlier, not all RO systems have a universal compatibility. Regardless of your choice, we still encourage you to invest in these systems, especially if you doubt the quality of your residential water.
Did you learn from this article? What are your thoughts about these water filters? Share us your answers in the comment section below.
>>> Read More:
About the Author
Hello, fishing world! My name is Bella. Yes, you got me right, I am a woman! But, I am a woman not only fond of cooking and shopping. I am a woman who shows interest in everything that covers topics regarding fishing. Don’t get me wrong! I believe that the world of fishing is not exclusively for men! In fact, I, myself enjoy fishing. That’s why I created this website.